Updates and Reminders
- Welcome to the new school year! If you have made it to this website you are in great shape. Please head over to the syllabus tab and read over the syllabus with your parents. After you have done this click on the appropriate link below and answer the questions to ensure that you have read over the syllabus. This will count as your first homework assignment. Make sure you click on the correct options!
Syllabus Electronic Signature Page
*Update: Make sure you guys are logging in with your CPS account email. Everyone should have one.
If you do not, send me an email if you have not done so already or ask me in class.
- For Tuesday, September 9th, read chapter 5 sections 3,4, and 5 and take notes on each of the sections. This should go in your notebook.
- For Friday, September 12th, read chapter 6 section 5 and complete the assessment at the end of the section. Answer questions 1-8.
- For Tuesday September 23, read and take notes on Chapter 17 Section 1.
- For Wednesday September 24, read and take notes on Chapter 17 section 2.
- Machiavelli Primary Source questions
Which two animal characteristics should a ruler have? Why?
When should a leader use force?
What is the main idea of Chapter VIII? Explain in 5 sentences. Support your answer with evidence from the text.
what humanist characteristics does this reading have?
- For Monday September 29, read and answer questions 1-8 for Chapter 17 section 3
- For Tuesday September 30, read and answer questions 1-8 for Chapter 17 section 4
For homework due Tuesday, October 14th, everyone must read and take notes on chapter 19, section 1. The section will be on the age of exploration. Happy Columbus Day! or is this even something we should be celebrating? We will discuss on Tuesday
HOMEWORK FOR ALL
For homework due Thursday, October 16th, read and take notes on Chapter 21 section 2 and 5. The section will be on absolutism and constitutionalism.
HOMEWORK FOR THOSE WHO ATTENDED LANE UNPLUGGED
Read Chapter 22 section 1 and complete the assessment questions 1-8. This will be due Friday.
Gallery Walk QUIZ ON THIS MATERIAL ON FRIDAY!
For homework due Wednesday, read chapter 22 section 2 and answer questions 1-8.
For homework due Monday, read chapter 23 section 3 and answer questions 1-8
For homework Due Friday, November 14, read chapter 25 sections 1 and 2. Take notes on each of the sections.
For homework due Wednesday, November 19th, read Chapter 25 sections 3 and 4 and take notes on each of the sections.
For homework due Tuesday December 2nd, Read chapter 24 section 3 and take notes on the section. There will be a quiz tomorrow at the beginning of class.
For homework due Monday, January 12th, read chapter 32 section 1 and 4. Answer questions 1-8 for both sections.
Here is the religion chart that will help you study for your final.
For Tuesday, Feb. 3, read and take notes on chapter 16 sections 3 and 4.
For Thursday, February 26th, read chapter 28 section 4 and answer questions 1-7 in complete sentences. THIS ASSIGNMENT MUST BE TYPED AND PRINTED.
For Monday, March 2nd, read pages 264-277 of Born in Blood and Fire. Answer the following questions:
1. How did Marxist ideologies view the situation in Latin America? According to Marxism, what were some issues within Latin America that could lead to revolution?
2. Who was Che Guevara? What were his social views?
3. Who did Fidel Castro, Raul Castro, and Che Guevara defeat in the overthrow of the Cuban government?
4. What was Cuba's economic relationship with the United States? How did it change after Castro came to power? Gave two examples in your answer.
5. What did Che attempt to accomplish after he left Cuba? What was the outcome?
6. What were the positive and negative effects of the Cuban Revolution?
7. What is Liberation Theology?
8. How did Liberation Theology appeal to the poor?
Here is the Africa Reading you worked on in class
For homework due Monday, March 16th read chapter 8 section 1 and chapter 15 section 2. Take notes on both sections.
For homework due Wednesday, March 18th, read Chapter 27 sections 1 and 2. Complete assessment questions 1-7 for both sections.
Africa maps to help you with your assignment
Project Description and Instructions
For Tuesday, April 21st, read chapter 3 section 4 and take notes on the section.
The textbook link has been updated. Here is the new one.
Basic Beliefs Packet
For homework read Chapter 34 section 4 and complete notes on the section. This will be due Thursday for period 7 and Friday for period 6.
For Tuesday May 26th, read chapter 34 section 1 and complete notes on the section. Be prepared for a quiz when we get back.
For Wednesday June 3rd, read chapter 4 section 4 and answer questions 1-6.